Individual, Adolescent, Family and Couples Counseling
- Individual therapy addresses issues that are hard to face alone; difficult memories, life changes, anxiety, depression, and addiction to name a few.
- No two individuals have the same issues or response to those issues. That is why each session is customized to that client’s unique needs. Rather than treat psychological difficulties with a cookie-cutter approach, I strive to remain open and flexible, meeting the client where they are. You tell me how you need to be treated through what you say, how you say it, and through your actions. Together we form a treatment that will work for you.
- Individual therapy is sometimes called “psychotherapy” or “counseling.” In this process, clients work one-on-one with a trained therapist. Together we identify issues of concern and explore the feelings, beliefs, and behaviors related to them. Clients identify aspects of their lives they would like to change. They imagine how to better understand themselves and others. They set personal goals to work toward the desired change.
- Improve communication and develop conflict resolutions skills.
- Increase skills coping skills.
- The most common causes of family problems are issues that are outside of a family members control. divorce, financial concerns, loss of a family member—these can be devastating to the family unit.
- If your family is having problems, family therapy or individual counseling can improve your relationships and communication.
- Counseling provides each family member a safe and helpful space to discuss their concerns.
- Every family is different. Together we will create a unique treatment plan. This therapy will give you coping skills to relieve stress and deepen the connections between family members.
- It can help you clarify your feelings about your relationship. Relationships are challenging for everyone.
- It can help resolve relationship roadblocks before they become impasses.
- It can deepen intimacy and connection.
- It can help promote self-awareness and personal growth.
- Improving communication skills between two people.
- Discovering the root causes of major points of conflicts.
- Creating better understanding.
- Encouraging better acceptance of one another.
- Providing the opportunity to increase shared support.
- Restoring emotional and physical intimacy.
- Help improve overall mood, self-worth, and confidence
- Boost self-esteem
- Develop coping skills to handle situations they are in.
- Help the adolescent sort through feelings and emotions.
- Learn the root cause of feelings, behaviors and trauma.
- Increases ability to work through the issues they’re having and find solutions to fix these issues.